In this article, you will become better acquainted with OnFleet's Delivery Tracking dashboard, which is comprised of two major components: the map and the sidebar.
Click to learn more about:
The map allows you to visualize your entire operations geospatially. Tasks, the basic unit of work on Onfleet, are displayed as map markers ("pins"). Drivers, when on-duty, are displayed as a circle with a subtle flashing animation.
You can zoom and pan the map using your mouse and keyboard, including pinch-zoom gestures on supported trackpads. Basic map controls can also be found in the top left of the screen, including Zoom to fit, represented by the circle button beneath the zoom controls.
Zoom to Fit also considers your sidebar selections. Simply select the desired task(s) in the sidebar, then click on the circle button beneath the zoom controls, or press "Z" on your keyboard. You can also try selecting a driver or team to zoom in to the route(s) respectively.
Use a satellite image view to find difficult locations and assist drivers that are searching for delivery clarifications.
View public transit lines and stations, where available.
To turn on a live traffic visualization layer on the map, click the car icon in the top left corner of your dashboard, just under the zoom and center controls for the map:
Activating the traffic layer will introduce a color-coded congestion indicator to each street:
- No color: No congestion.
- Green: Low congestion.
- Yellow: Moderate congestion.
- Orange: Heavy congestion.
- Red: Severe congestion.
The sidebar displays your tasks, teams, and drivers in an organized list. Tasks appear in the top unassigned section until they are assigned. If you have team assignment enabled, tasks that are created with a team designation will appear beneath the team name but above the list of drivers. Drivers appear under their team(s) with assigned tasks listed in the desired completion order.
You can sort Unassigned tasks through the dropdown menu to the right of the search field in your sidebar.
- Complete Before Time: Sorts Unassigned tasks by the Complete Before time window, placing tasks which must be completed first at the top. Tasks without time windows are placed at the bottom of the list ordered by Creation Time.
- Destination (A-Z): Sorts Unassigned tasks by the destination address, ordering tasks from the top in alphabetical order.
- Creation Time: Sorts Unassigned tasks by their creation timestamp, ordering tasks from the top, oldest to youngest.
- Hybrid Time: If Complete Before time is available, sorts a task from the top, earliest to latest. If no Complete Before time present, tasks are inserted in the list by their creation time. This is useful for those businesses who combine scheduled and on-demand (ASAP) delivery operations.
- Manual: Tasks can be sorted as the dispatcher sees fit.
Table View is an alternative structured view and organization of the same tasks that are shown in the Onfleet map view.
Tasks are presented as rows in a flexible table format that features task sorting, task property visibility customization, and batch task actions - powerful tools for efficient dispatching, particularly for high task volume operations.
To switch to Table view, click the 'Table' tab on the top center of the screen while logged in to the Onfleet dashboard.
Dashboard filter settings, found at the bottom of the screen, determine which tasks are visible in Table view in the same way that it does in the Map view.
To change the column order, click on the column header and drag it to a new position.
Note: the 'ID' column is the only column that cannot be reordered.
This order will be preserved across dispatching sessions.
To add or remove columns from the table view, click on the column selection button (found just below the logout button) in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
Note: 'ID', 'Assigned to', 'Destination', 'Status', and 'Task created' columns cannot be removed.
The selected columns will be preserved across dispatching sessions.
Sort tasks by column
To sort tasks by a specific column, click anywhere on the column header and release!
- The sorted column is highlighted in blue.
- All tasks are sorted according to the data type for that column, alphabetical or chronological.
- Toggle between ascending and descending order by clicking again.
View and edit tasks
To view a task's full details (including the task timeline, view route, metadata, and any other details not shown in table view) click on the task ID.
The task can then be edited by clicking the edit button on the bottom left of the task view, in the same way as it is done in the map tab.
Select multiple tasks
To select one or more tasks, click the checkbox to the left of each task that should be selected.
To select a range of tasks:
- Select the starting task's checkbox
- Hold the 'shift' key
- Select the ending task's checkbox
To select all tasks, click the top-most checkbox, found in the column header. Click it again to deselect all tasks.
Bulk task actions
After selecting at least one task, task action buttons will appear at the top of the table view screen. This allows dispatchers to easily perform batch actions on multiple tasks.
Depending on the features included in the organization's Onfleet plan, available task actions include: route optimization, driver assignment, and deletion.
Find in table
Search for text in any field of any task from the 'Find' text box in the upper right of the screen.
Only tasks with a field that matches the text entered are shown.
Delete the entered text to show all tasks again.
Note: Constrained by dashboard filter settings.
Continue to learn about creating tasks and deliveries!