There are a variety of ways to have a customer pay an invoice. Even if it's something as old-school as cash in an envelope our invoicing system has an option for collecting that cash, notifying the customer that the invoice was paid, and closing the books on that invoice.
At this time there is no way to process partial payments on an invoice so if you intend to accept two payments - say a down payment (or retainer), and completion fee - you must make two separate invoices.
If a customer pays their invoice in Cash, Check, or Other
1) Find their invoice under “Invoice Dashboard” either via Search or the “Unpaid” View.
2) Click “Record Payment” under the actions column.
3) Click the button “Select other payment" under the Pay with other Payment Methods section.
4) Choose from the drop-down what payment method they used. If cash, fill in how much cash was paid. If Other, leave a note on the type of payment method for your records.
5) Click “Mark As Paid”
6) Next you will see a confirmation on what email received the payment receipt. Due to the sensitive nature of this email including name, amount and partial information on the payment method we do not allow carbon copies of this email.
If a customer wants to pay by ACH, Debit, or Credit Card
There are two options for paying with a debit or credit card. Customers can either do it with you or do it themselves on your Premium Website. Please note - there is a processing fee of 2.9% (same as our POS system) for all payments made with ACH, Debit or Credit Card on Invoicing.
You want to be paid using the BloomNation Point of Sale
1) Find the customers invoice under “Invoice Dashboards", via Search, or the “Unpaid” View
2) Click “Record Payment” under the actions column
3) Select an existing Credit or Debit Card
add a new Credit or Debit Card to associate with the customer. Note you can use this card again if you check the box to add it to their profile.
4) Click "Process Payment"
5) Next you will see a confirmation on what email received the payment receipt. Due to the sensitive nature of this email including name, amount, and partial information on the payment method we do not allow carbon copies of this email.
The Customer wants to pay on your Premium Website
No action is needed on your part for the customer to pay by themselves on your Premium Website.
When you bill an invoice to your customer they will receive an email that has a link to their invoice center on your premium website. If they click "Pay Invoice" it takes them to your website where they can log in. If they don't have a login, they will be able to create an account with the same email on record as the Billing Contact.
After they are logged into their Account Management page, if they click "Invoice Center" they can view all their received invoices.
After clicking "Pay Now" it gives them the option of paying with a Debit/Credit Card or linking their ACH Account.
Once they have a payment method, they can select that payment method from the drop-down and click "Pay Invoice".
If they are paying with a Credit or Debit card we will process the invoice immediately and the payout will follow along with the normal payout schedule.
If they are paying with a ACH they will see the status move to Pending. Transactions that are direct with Bank Accounts can require 3 - 5 business days for processing. Once a transaction has successfully been debited from their Bank the Invoice will move to a Paid status and you (the florist) and the Billing Contact will receive a payment confirmation email. If for any reason a bank declines the transaction the invoice will return to a Billed or Overdue status and the customer will be alerted via email to remit payment again.
The Invoice Center on your Premium Website is a great way for customers to view, download and print old invoices for their records. Payment methods and payment dates are logged on all paid invoices. They do not host Proposals at this time as those are subject to edits.